1. I want to print something for the APA Bundle every month of 2013. And mail it on time!
2. I want to take control of the mess in the shop, much of which is the result of buying out somebody else's mess a few years ago.
3. I want to work on my 1890 Pearl and get it up and running. I'm so close, but so far. Even disassembled, the thing is too heavy for me alone. I've found myself a helper, so I have hope for this year.
4. I need to winnow the type collection. Unless it's an antique survivor, there's simply no point in keeping a beat up font. Better to donate it to the Printing Museum and let them melt it down and make new type.
And today, the first of January, I made progress on some of the above! I consolodated Pearl parts (#3) and got rid of the big unwieldy box they were in; sorted type in a rusted galley(#2); and last week I printed two bundle pieces, so I'm a month ahead. I have til Friday to mail them.
Best wishes to all for a happy and productive New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment