Busy afternoon in the shop today, even if no pic was taken.
1. Cut paper for "Water," a challenge for the Coast Letterpress Guild, newly formed in Central California. Set title for the piece and added leading to the first five lines. I will publish it in two sections of five lines each. Something about being out of sorts: short on e's and a's.
2. Set February 2013 APA piece, a poem and its title "How Do I Love Thee APA?"
3. Chose font possibilities for a mini poster challenge for APA, due in June. This will be 3.5x5," with a quote. Largest type size 24 pt. Can use fancy or plain type. I chose fonts appropriate for this poster:
- 16 Tuscan
- 18 & 24 Facade
- 18 Cicero (revival casting)
- 14 Bruce's Ornamented #1024
- 18 Radient No. 1
- 10 Victoria Italic (revival casting)
- 12 on 14 & 22 Corinthian (one a revival casting)
- 18 Trocadero (revival casting)
- 22 Roman (unknown foundry & name)
- 16 Renaissant
- 6 Engravers' Bold # 1, 2, or 3
- 12 Engravers' Bold
- 6 Garamond (for the fine print)
And in typing my list I realized that quite a few of these are the real deal! Twenty five years ago I despaired of ever even seeing a real nineteenth century font. But in the process of finding type from individual sellers, I have a few to play with now. It's a good feeling. They will get gentle use and good cleaning.
I hope to do a bang-up job on this mini poster. It pushes all my creative buttons.
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Work Day. No Pic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment