It's November. No kidding.
Once again, for the fourth November in a row, I have participated in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), and WON.
Despite the hazards of the game -- duties, company, errands, other projects, and journeys-- I stuck to it and produced wordage. 50,000 more than I would have written without the spur of this annual event.
This year it is more of an accomplishment. I bogged down in the middle of a sequel, and switched to my historical novel of last year. I tacked that on to the document already underway and kept writing. Net effect is 50,000 words, but they are destined to be edited into two other novels. I struggled with each story line, but by judicious application of buns to chair and fingers to keys, I finished.
Whew.
Now I can enjoy the coming season. There are no classes to distract me, and I won't be editing my novel until after Christmas. I'm working on getting my press (the C&P this time) repaired, ordering the wood parts for my dad's Model T, and catching up on sewing projects.
Guess I'd better print some Christmas cards too. This year, on the Vandercook!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment