I found a single piece of wood type, a "sort," at the Printers' Fair in Los Angeles (actually, there are a couple of others, but this one is the problem child). (Event held at the International Printing Museum, Carson, California)
After years of perusing type catelogs I thought it looked familiar. I needed a classy M for the occasional printing I do for myself. When I got home, I eagerly thumbed through a couple of type books, and it isn't there! What is it?
Looks most like something in Dan X. Solo's Solotype Catelog. On page 44, in the left column, is a font he called "Harlech." The M in Menu looks only kind of like my M, as you can tell.
And now, since I am posting this on Letpress, the granddaddy of the Letterpress discussion lists, I hope to be able to post a sequel to this, giving the font my nice M sort comes from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment