No photo today. It wouldn't be pretty. The photo would show me, semi-dressed (robe over jeans!), hunched over the laptop at my dining room table, which is cluttered with mail and the remains of other projects. A coffee cup. A bottle of water. A banana peel, but I'm not writing slapstick. Somewhere in the middle, a lovely little vase with some purple flowers.
40,837 words is a lot of words. But my storytelling ended, at least with the viewpoint character, at 37,000 words. I'm having to adopt a new character whose viewpoint may enrich the story. The ship stalled in the water, but at least it didn't sink! Last night I got a new shot of energy from my Writing Buddy, who suggested a challenge: 2,000 more words by noon today. I did them late last night! I wrote Writing Buddy, "you spurred me on to great heights, where I am dizzily surveying the surrounding territory and wondering if I dare jump off." So it is possible. If I stop to think about it, I scare myself. I have to slog on, regardless of emotion. Just write!
I feel as if the last 10K is the hardest, because. . . well, just because. I shot my wad, the Yellow Fever took those it was going to take, and the baby was born. What more can I ask?
I know. 10,000 more words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment