Saturday, January 19, 2008

Feet at Rest


It pleases me to share the news that the purple socks are finished. Only one was in progress two weeks ago, so these have gone waaaay faster than Dred Green. They are plain-Jane, purple woolen from Knit Pics. I like the yarn a lot: it's machine washable and comes in a good color range. Another pair of socks is already underway, this time lavendar. These are top-down, with about an inch of ribbing above the heel. I plan to do some experimental crochet for the sockses topses.





On other fronts, Cicero has been happily playing in his new "tent"- a folding nylon structure. He has already figured out that if the toy I'm dangling for him is lying on the roof, all he has to do is poke it from inside and it goes flying off for him to grab. This picture catches him in action.

2 comments:

dale-harriet said...

AWWWWW! Furthermore, "KUDOS"! Those are very nice socks indeed. I have some socks on my "whenthe#@$#@toquesaredone" list. You'll see.... (I still have your e-mail demystifying turning heels - )

ctb18 said...

I just jumped to your blog from the IBKC site. Very interesting! My "warts" are music (I share most of your musical likes), cross stitching, gardening, decorating bowling balls with marbles, beading, and the latest - cake decorating. (Just started lessons at the local craft store. Yum!)