Thursday, January 03, 2008

Closer and....

Only 2 days ago I despaired of Flora's accepting the Mew Kid, Cicero. But the fearless little guy has been following her around, making kitten noises and trills. He won't take no for an answer, and he's so sweet and friendly with his "Hello! I'm a little kitten, and you've simply got to love me" tone of voice. Never mind he actually outweights Flora... she only seems bigger due to her Fluffbudget supply.

I gave him free rein yesterday and today, despite Flora's mrouws and occasional hisses, he hopped up on my bed and made himself at home, Flora notwithstanding. Perhaps it was Cicero's name day today... but Herself decided to tolerate him!

Being still a kitten, he just can't resist a lashing tail, so he earned some of those kittycuss words.

1 comment:

dale-harriet said...

AH! c'est-ci bon...le suces! That's a very good sign and the Worst may be past. Be sure he has free access to "his room" in the event of needing an escape and privacy; not sure I'd leave them alone together in the house or even perhaps free rein all night while you sleep but it won't be long! As I write Evangeline is lolling all over my lap and Lilly is lying on the folded quilt at the other end of the couch with her nose covered bt her tail. They're STILL not curling up together or bathing each other or anything, but ...there's no bloodshed! Bonne Chance (and snorgles to Miss Flora, s'il-vous plait.