
Ok, it's December, and I'll admit to going to the local shelters just in case a nice little red kitty shows up. I wanted to get a boy, so Miss Flora's adjustment would be easier, and a red guy in memory of my dear Goldie of childhood memory.
So dontcha know... none showed up. Well, no: one did, and was taken almost immediately. Good for him- not so great for me. But there was another little red guy whose sister was in sick bay... but no, I was told they must go together, period.
I kept going back, and Friday this little guy flirted outrageously with me. And I knew I had to ask about him. And whaddya know- the vet in charge decided they'd been apart so long already, he could go!
Without further ado, I introduce little Cicero- named after a printers' measure and a fine 19th century typeface. This is his "I am Tiger, see my claws" pose. When not posing for Tiger, he's a sweet purr monster.
2 comments:
I'm sorry....that wee snorgly pink nose belies any fierencess Mr McSofty can attempt. Oh, I see the glittery claws, and he is (as Lilliane's Da, ever science-minded, points out) a well-engineered killing machine. STILL want to nuzzle that pink nose. (Raising a glass...milk, of course..to him and to his big sister, Miss Flora Underfoot -- and to a speedy and easy introduction!)
That is one of the sweetest faces I have ever seen. Miss Flora must accept him! How could she resist? Here's to a chorus of purrs from both of them.
Post a Comment