Tuesday, April 02, 2013

By the Sea

Even though I love beachwalking, I get busy and forget to go. Visited a kite store in Ventura Harbor after the Anacapa trip, and got a brainstorm. If I had a kite I could easily fly, it would induce me to go to the beach!

And so it did. I bought a deltaflow, one of the easiest to fly, thanks to the advice of the owner. Went to the beach today, and wow, is it ever easy.

The slough has blocked its own mouth, as it often does in the winter, so I could walk further than usual. A low tide helped me get around two points further. All that way I walked my kite.

On the way back to the pier, I was walking away from the wind and several times the kite tried to land as I walked. But I persisted, and so did the wind. Past the pier to the end of Goleta beach I walked. Low tide still was out, and I could get around the point to University beach, so I did that too.

I walked to University point and decided to turn it around there. Total walked 4 - 5 miles. Air inhaled, who knows but it was wonderful. Seaweed float bladders popped, too many to count.

And I'm rich in sand dollars! Even though they are fairly rare on this beach, I picked up 23 today!

I think I'd rather walk my kite than a dog. No pooperscoopering; it won't bite; and it heels perfectly. I forgot to mention how pretty it is!


No comments: