I have a challenge to meet for my Amalgamated Printers Association (APA) June bundle: a mini-poster to compose and set. Guidelines are 3.5 x 5" size, no font over 24 pt, and the rest is up to me.
I searched both shops for my little bust with the Phrenology map on it, but that cut cannot be found. I decided to rely on words and typefaces, in the manner of a 19th century poster or title page, changing styles every line to show off the type.
It's now set, using a combination of revival castings and actual antique fonts, and I'm happy with it. Minor detail: the type as it sits measures five inches! There's no room for top and bottom margins. Aargh.
The job is lurking on the stone awaiting my further attentions. Something surely has got to give!
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Too Much of a Good Thing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Just put it on the copier and reduce it down, make a polymer plate & print it. Are you living in the 19th Century, or what?
(Just kidding)
Cheerfully, John. I know how to cook on wood & iron stoves, campfires, hornos, sew clothing, make corsets, trim hats, make hatpins, bake bread, ride a horse, write a perfect Victorian hand, and now I have a good trade: printing. All ready! I could learn to live without the microwave, but minor detail: I'd seriously miss email.
Post a Comment