Have you ever heard of Cascarones? They are hollowed-out eggs, filled with confetti, to smash on friends' heads during a Fiesta like we have in Santa Barbara. They are the gift that keeps on giving. For at least six months after the city-wide party, you find confetti in your car, your clothing, your house, your driveway. At least if you have friends.
Yesterday I put away the small tote bag I usually carry during Fiesta. In it, I found a baggie with some confetti and a lone cascarone left over from the parade. I placed the baggie on the table and forgot about it.
Wrong move. Today, the boys found it. They often perch on the pew and nose around at things on the table. When I emerged triumphant from the sewing room, I was greeted by signs the boys had experienced their own Fiesta while I was sewing.
Exhibit A (Phidian, skulking)
Annnnd Exhibit B (Cicero, looking innocent)
Management makes no assumptions about the relative guilt or lack thereof of individual suspects. All parties involved have been thoroughly laughed at and found. . . . . . purring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Makes me miss my ol' buddy and mascot to my former radio shack, "Muppey", formally known amongst the black-tie-and-tails-set as "Miss Muppet". She was my sewer-rescue red tabby that grew huge, but never outgrew her love for being slung upside down by her hind feet! She can never be replaced. We don't replace our family members. We just adopt new ones.
Post a Comment