Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Home Sweet Porch


So, I discovered a soft spot on my front porch this summer. It's always something like that with an old house. The discussion with the contractor had begun several years ago, because I already knew that the front stairs needed to be reversed. They pointed away from the driveway. Not terribly useful. They were also in very bad shape. The soft spot was just the thing I needed for an excuse to get the front porch done up right.

Here we have the new front porch, stairs primly leading into the driveway. We built out over the former stairs, so the porch is larger than it was, and much more functional. I actually got some Christmas decorations up this year, and if I could take a photo in the dark I would put that up, too. The horizontal ropes of greens are lit! Too bad you can't really see the wreath on the door.

Next year, I may try for real greenery, but this year I just consider it good to have something on the porch!

No comments: