Friday, June 05, 2009

The Fourth Book

And here we have yet another book- a structure invented by Peter Thomas called a scrolling book. He says he got the idea from the process of scrolling to read all the words on a single computer screen. A member of my Adult Ed bookbinding class gave me the nice cover paper; the flowers are slightly embossed.



For the content of this book I took a long strip of thin paper and printed some of the Kate Greenaway "mignionettes" (child figures) on it, leaving space between them to add text. I have not written the story yet that will go with them. The scroll should have more closely fit its container. As it is now, the scroll does not hold itself back from unrolling. Still, it's an interesting form and I am pleased with the little images and the way they fit the format.

1 comment:

dale-harriet said...

ET! I had NO idea how to imagine what you were talking about....these are PHENOMENAL! I don't know that you could part with any of them (puts me in mind of those itty bitty kitties) but I'm betting that if you offered them on - oh, Etsy, for example, you would be able to delight a select few and line Miss Flora's coffers......the scroll book is my favorite, and I got a terrific mental picture of one slightly larger --