Wednesday, August 27, 2008

No photo just yet, but progress is happening

I found a table! The old one, with its load of junk, was followed by the stopgap card table during the kitchen remodel. And now, finally, a nice *round* table to take their place. It looks so good that I'm not even tempted to pile it with junk. Every time I walk by and see it, with its embroidered centerpiece and art glass vase, I catch my breath in wonder. A real dining room table.

The best part? It's a thrift store find. I saved at least $500 over antique prices. Heh.

This weekend it's up north again, to attend a baby shower for my daughter-in-law. Twins! I'm very pleased. I was waiting anxiously for grandchildren, but managed (somehow) not to ask the nagging question, "When?" Maybe there's a gold star waiting in Heaven for me for managing to restrain myself there (grin!).

When I return home, all those delayed projects are going to jump on me at once. I have pickets to nail to the driveway gate; shades and bench covers for the kitchen; and drapes for the living room. Then there's the settee and chair to recover. And Adult Ed will have begun. Whee!!!

Photos to post after this coming long weekend. Stay tuned.

How is this letterpress related? I suspect because of the conspicuous absence of letterpress printing being mentioned here! I have a half-finished project to complete in Sunnyvale, so that's for this weekend. It's my first tightly-registered two-color job, and if I do say it, I'm quite happy with the effect. It requires three runs, because I have only two of the two-color bits to use, so to print them two-color, and then again in black, requires 3 runs: one for each color, and one to show them side-by-side in black only. I'll have to cut some more paper for this coming run, then finish the entire job. It will be nice to finally have something interesting to show.

But in Goleta? Not much letterpress. The garage floor work will begin soon, and when that's finally complete the big press can move from San Jose to Goleta. And THEN watch out!

No comments: