Monday, August 06, 2007

The Green Sock

Waaay back in May, I began a pair of green socks. Plain Jane, k3 p1 green socks in my hard-to-find emerald green. When I began, they cheered me immensely.

The problem is finishing! I have knitted not very much at all in the last few months. Not for lack of opportunity, but because there are so many things to do, places to go! and because when I finally do sit down... I don't even want to face the Eternal Green Sock!

I'm tired of k3, p1. I'm tired of size 0 needles. I'm even tired of green! Sock #1 is completed, but Sock #2 is dragging on half of forever. I took it traveling (see July!). Even as a captive audience on the plane, ferpetessakes, I couldn't bring myself to work on the green sock! I did Stickdoku, which I don't even like. Serious avoidence issues here.

I should show it: go on a sewing binge and get some new clothes! Finish a costume or two (I'm way behind there, too). I could actually clean house.... naaah... well, I should plant my new rosebush.

Truth is, I'm out in the shop sorting type. And adding to the collection. Warped. Just warped.

Poor ol green socks. Will they see winter, 2007? or will they languish until 2008?

No comments: